Center for Shared Use of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
established at the Institute of Molecular Biology and Genetics of NAS of Ukraine
Head of the Center
Director of Institute,
Member of NAS of Ukraine, Dr.Sci. (Mol.Biol.), Professor Mykhaylo A. Tukalo
Tel. (044) 200-03-35;
Person, responsible for exploitation of the synthesizer of DNA/RNA oligonucleotides
Dr.Sci. (Mol. Genetics), Professor Ludmyla A. Livshits
Pursuant to the program of centralized procurement of imported scientific devices and equipment by the Institute of Molecular Biology and Genetics of NAS of Ukraine, with the budget finances of NAS of Ukraine, we have started the operation of the following devices:
Synthesizer of DNA/RNA oligonucleotides (AKTA oligopilot 10, Amersham Biosciences)
Synthesizer of DNA/RNA oligonucleotides (AKTA oligopilot 10, Amersham Biosсiences)
High-performance Ultra Centrifuge Sorvall WX 80 Ultra, manufactured by Thermo Electron, (Germany).
Ultra centrifuge is designed for the analysis of DNA, RNA, proteins, and ribonucleoprotein complexes, high-rate precipitation, separation in density gradient and preparatory isolation of biological macromolecules
The centrifuge is equipped with the following rotors:
- Fixed-angle rotor Т-647.5 with the maximum speed of 47,500 rpm, RCF 250,260 g, containing 6 vials with the volume of 100 ml.
- Swinging-bucket rotor АН-629 with the maximum speed of 29,000 rpm, RCF 151,240 g, containing 6 vials with the volume of 36 ml.
Pursuant to the provisions on the Center for Shared Use of Scientific Devices/Equipment of Scientific (Scientific and Technical) Direction, NAS of Ukraine (CKKP), the Institute of Molecular Biology and Genetics, NAS of Ukraine, undertakes the commitment to provide qualitative and reliable work of the equipment, its professional maintenance and to create conditions for the best use of operating time for the benefit of scientific community of NAS of Ukraine
Procedure of providing services
- Twice a year from January 15 to June 15 scientific organizations and institutions of NAS of Ukraine which should conduct investigations using scientific equipment of the Center for Shared Use, NAS of Ukraine, (hereinafter the Client) submit their written applications to the Bureau of VBFMB for the number of hours, period and kinds of investigations, which require the use of scientific devices and equipment of the Center (pursuant to clause 3.2. the Provisions on the Center for Shared Use of Scientific Devices/Equipment of Scientific (Scientific and Technical) Direction, NAS of Ukraine)
- The Director of the Institute of Molecular Biology and Genetics, NAS of Ukraine, issues the order, coordinated with the Bureau of VBFMB, NAS of Ukraine, and approves the schedule of providing services to institutions of the NAS of Ukraine
Procedure of submitting applications and performing work
- Institution of NAS of Ukraine (the Client) should submit the application addressed to the Head of the Center (the Performer), which is signed by the Head and sealed
- The Client and the Performer execute the agreement on performing the work using the scientific devices.
- Execution of orders for institutions of NAS of Ukraine is performed in accordance with the schedule, approved by the Bureau of VBFMB, NAS of Ukraine, and the IMBG, NAS of Ukraine.
- Provision (Reimbursement) of consumables is supplied by the clients pursuant to the calculation of costs.
- Paid services of using the devices of the Center of NAS of Ukraine for the needs of other clients are provided in accordance with the acting legislation of Ukraine
- For detailed information, please, contact the person, responsible for exploitation of the device.